Time of Event
Day 1: 10:30-18:10 Tokyo time
Day 2: 09:30-17:30 Tokyo time
Think7 (T7) is the official think tank engagement group of the Group of 7 (G7). Under the T7 process, global think tank experts develop research-based policy recommendations for consideration by G7 countries and partners, in coordination with the G7 presidency. In 2023, the Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI) is chairing T7 as part of Japan’s G7 presidency.
The T7 Japan Summit featured proposals developed by experts from G7 countries and worldwide to support policy discussions at the G7 Hiroshima Summit on 19-21 May and beyond. They draw upon research conducted via T7 Japan task forces under the theme Addressing Crises, Reigniting Sustainable Development, Bridging the G7 and Group of 20 (G20) and detail solutions to advance:
- Development and Economic Prosperity
- Wellbeing, Environmental Sustainability, and Just Transition
- Science and Digitalization for a Better Future
- Peace, Security, and Global Governance
The T7 Japan Summit also emphasized measures that promote greater collaboration between the G7 and the Global South and seek to bridge G7-G20 action, underscoring the importance of these approaches for tackling shared challenges. It included panel discussions on Ukraine’s reconstruction, gender-equitable economic growth, disarmament and non-proliferation, and other imperatives, and was followed by a press conference.
Venue for Onsite Participation
ANA InterContinental Tokyo B1F Prominence III (See map)
1-12-33, Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0052, Japan
The T7 Japan Summit was held in English. Japanese simultaneous interpretation was available for plenary sessions.
- Showcase research-based policy recommendations for the G7 developed by experts under T7 Japan task forces
- Discuss opportunities for boosting G7-Global South collaboration to address shared challenges
- Explore prospects for bridging G7-G20 action
- Policy makers, experts from think tanks, universities, and international organizations, media, and other interested members of the public
- Increased awareness of T7 policy recommendations for promoting inclusive recovery, sustainability, and resilience
- Enhanced recognition of the value of G7-Global South collaboration and ways to strengthen it
- Identification of opportunities to bridge G7-G20 action
- Greater impetus for the uptake of T7 proposals by G7 countries and partners