The UNFCCC Climate Change Conference will include the 25th session of the Conference of the Parties (COP 25) to the UNFCCC, the 15th session of the Conference of the Parties serving as the Meeting of the Parties to the Kyoto Protocol (CMP 15) and the second session of the Conference of the Parties serving as the meeting of the Parties to the Paris Agreement (CMA 2). Representatives from all UNFCCC parties are expected to attend.
COP25 is designed to take the next crucial steps in the UN climate change process. Following agreement on the implementation guidelines of the Paris Agreement at COP 24 in Poland last year, a key objective is to complete several matters with respect to the full operationalization of the Paris Agreement on Climate Change. The conference furthermore serves to build ambition ahead of 2020, the year in which countries have committed to submit new and updated national climate action plans.
ADB participates in the UNFCCC process as an inter-governmental observer organization. At COP25, ADB will organize the following events:
- 5 December - Mainstreaming Climate Change Mitigation into National Infrastructure
- 7 December - Scaling up Climate Investments: MDB’s Role in Supporting the Implementation of Nationally Determined Contributions Challenges and Opportunities for Operationalizing Article 6 in Asia and the Pacific NDC Advance: Accelerating Climate Actions in Asia and the Pacific; Raising Ambition, Commitment, and Transparency of Climate Actions in Southeast Asia
- 8 December - Madrid for Development and Climate Days
- 9 December - Article 6 of the Paris Agreement: Drawing Lessons from the Joint Crediting Mechanism
- 10 December - Joint MDB Presentation on Paris Alignment Approach Asian Development Bank Presents Carbon Market Program 2.0 Accelerating Action for Resilient Atolls and Productive Oceans
- 11 December - Community Resilience Partnership Program: Supporting Investments in Resilience that Reaches Scale While Ensuring No One is Left Behind
COP25 will be an opportunity to highlight ADB’s Strategy 2030 climate finance targets, show its commitment to supporting scaled-up action on climate change in developing member countries (DMCs), showcase ADB projects and achievements, and help build partnerships.
- DMC governments and agencies
- Development partners
- Private sector representatives
- Think tanks and academia
Presentation materials from this event will be available on ADB Knowledge Events.