ADB undertakes Business Opportunities Seminars (BOSs) in its members to improve the interest and ability of eligible suppliers to locate ADB business opportunities, prepare high-quality and responsive bids, and understand ADB’s procurement and anticorruption procedures. For 2020, a series of virtual BOSs with constituent countries are underway. It allowed increased participation by ADB speakers and greater flexibility in seminar design. Procurement, Portfolio and Financial Management Department (PPFD) will support host organizations to plan and deliver an engaging virtual event using any desired videoconferencing platform, flexible around the practical realities of maintaining virtual audience engagement.
During the webinar, participants will have the opportunity to:
- meet virtually with ADB staff in procurement, consulting, project management, and related operations as well as sector specialists.
- hear presentations on how to qualify for ADB-financed contracts.
- discover what business opportunities are available, and where.
At the end of the webinar, participants will have:
- discovered the advantages of ADB-financed contracts.
- received an inside look at ADB's policies and procedures for the procurement of goods and works, the recruitment of consultants, and the engagement of NGOs and civil society organizations.
- learned how to locate business opportunities.
- learned the best ways to prepare responsive bids and proposals.
- received first-hand information on contracting opportunities by sector currently available under ongoing ADB-financed projects, and upcoming ADB pipeline projects.
- Civil society organizations
- Private companies
ADB procurement specialist will give an update on doing business with ADB and on the ADB procurement processes and systems.
ADB sector specialists will do brief presentations on ongoing and upcoming ADB business opportunities and project pipeline.
Event organizers / partners
Stephane BESSADI (Mr)
BOS Team Lead
Senior Procurement Specialist, PPFD