Time of event
Day 1: 8:30–17:15
Day 2: 9:00–17:30
Economic integration in Asia and Europe has fueled cross-border trade and investment, and market growth but it has been pursued in different ways and now faces growing questions about its future direction.
This workshop will compare approaches to economic integration in Asian sub-regions and Europe, examine the outcomes and lessons learned, and identify appropriate policy responses for addressing related opportunities and challenges moving forward.
- Enhance understanding of policymaking and legal approaches to regional economic integration, fiscal and monetary integration, and integration of energy and environment sectors.
- Exchange country-level experiences and best practices to build capacity for enhanced economic integration in Asian sub-regions and Europe.
60 policy makers, experts, and researchers from ADB member countries.
- Policy recommendations for consideration in participants’ home jurisdictions.
- Inputs for ADBI’s forthcoming book entitled Economic Integration in Asia and Europe: Lessons and Recommended Policies.
- Presentations and other materials to be posted on ADBI website.
How to register
By invitation only
- Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- CAREC Institute
- International School of Economics, Tbilisi State University (ISET), Georgia
- Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development, Georgia