Developing Asian countries, especially those in islands, mountainous regions, and energy-isolated areas are presently suffering severe energy and transport problems. In order to effectively manage new types of cities, it is important to create systematic transportation infrastructure, build energy-efficient houses, and make use of alternative energy sources as much as possible. Meanwhile, green energy sources have been at the forefront of energy development efforts. Plenty of research is now dedicated to making solar, wind, geothermal, and hydro power marketable. It is therefore important to expand the capacity of Asia’s policy makers to deal with these issues. This course-based training provides critical knowledge on green energy and transportation policy, which is necessary for promoting sustainable growth. Systematically managing energy and transportation systems in megacities is key to developing Asia.
The workshop is jointly organized with the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) and will be held in Jeju, Republic of Korea. Jeju is considered possibly the best location to commercialize electric vehicles (EV), where the local government has undertaken a project to build top-quality EV charging infrastructure and will host the 4th International EV Expo in March 2017.
- To enhance the capacity of policy makers for estimating the importance of green infrastructure for development;
- To build practical knowledge of policy skills and international networks;
- To improve methods for developing green energy and transportation in isolated areas;
- To identify case studies of green energy infrastructure projects; and
- To recommend policies for implementing green energy infrastructure in developing countries.
About 15 participants and speakers from the governments of ADB’s DMCs, particularly officials from the ministries of finance and others involved in green infrastructure.
- Better understanding of green infrastructure for development and devising methods to best implement them; and
- Better knowledge of green transport and energy infrastructure in developing countries through case studies.
How to register
By invitation only.
UNITAR CIFAL Jeju, APCC (APEC Climate Center), and Jeju Special Self-Governing Province
Time of event
09:00 - 18:00Stay up to date Subscribe to our newsletter and get the latest issues, news, events, jobs and data in your e-mail inbox.