Time of event
15:20–16:20 Tokyo time
ADBI, in collaboration with the City of Yokohama, hosted a pre-event of the 9th Asian Smart City Conference that highlighted urban-development solutions for achieving smart and environmental-friendly cities, drawing upon the experiences of Yokohama City and related initiatives in Asia.
The pre-event helped set the stage for the conference, which brought together city leaders from emerging economies in Asia and experts from international institutions and the private sector to discuss keys to realizing sustainable urban development.
The pre-event included some sessions in English and others in Japanese only.
- Examine existing smart-city initiatives in Asia that help facilitate sustainable urban development in Association of Southeast Asian Nation (ASEAN) countries
- Promote urban development knowledge-sharing, the growth of smart and environmental-friendly cities, and carbon neutrality in Asia
- Local government officials and mayors from Japan and across Asia
- Experts from think tanks, universities, and international organizations
- Investors, specialists, and developers
- Enhanced knowledge and understanding of effective smart-city initiatives in Yokohama City and Asia
- Greater regional capacity for advancing actions towards green cities, circular economies, and carbon neutrality
- City of Yokohama
- Asian Development Bank
- World Bank Tokyo Developing Learning Center
- Smart City Institute Japan
- Institute for Global Environment Strategies
- Japan International Cooperation Agency
- Yokohama City University
Presentation 1: Designing Future of Cities Through Knowledge Sharing
Presentation 2: ASEAN Australia Smart Cities Trust Fund (AASCTF)
Presentation 3: ADBI’s Activities for Smart Cities in Asia and the Pacific