This report summarizes the proceedings of the Public-Private Partnerships (PPP) in Urbanization workshop held in Beijing on 22–23 August 2013. Some 200 participants from the central government, 35 local governments, financiers, private service providers, academic and research institutions, and development partners joined the workshop to share their knowledge and good practice approaches to PPPs in the People's Republic of China and other countries.
The workshop was organized by the Ministry of Finance, the National Development and Reform Commission, ADB, the PPP Research Committee hosted by the Institute of Fiscal Sciences, and the Regional Knowledge Sharing Initiative hosted by ADB.
- Introductory Remarks
- Outline of Presentations
- Public–Private Partnerships and Urbanization
- Innovation in Public–Private Partnership Projects
- Innovation in Public–Private Partnership Financing
- Support from the International Financial Institutions
- Next Steps for Public–Private Partnerships
- Concluding Comments