The program has contributed to economic growth, and provides evidence of the capacity of gender-responsive tourism development to promote community participation in tourism and enhance the status of women. This report looks at results in three areas: human capital and economic empowerment, the creation of spaces for women’s voices to be heard, and the promotion of equal rights. The case study affirms that a gender-inclusive design, coupled with effective implementation, gives women and men equal access to project benefits.
- Executive Summary
- Project Aims and Expected Outcomes
- Opportunities and Challenges of Gender-Inclusive Tourism Development
- Practical Approaches to Gender-Inclusive Tourism Development
- Gender Equality Results: Key Achievements
- Project Features Contributing to the Achievement of Gender Equality Results
- Lessons and Ways Forward