Asia has experienced massive economic growth, characterized by rapid urbanization and industrialization, changing demographics, and increasing consumption and demand for resource. This has contributed to significant environmental degradation. The challenge faced by governments in the region is in identifying and implementing innovative and dynamic policy approaches that are effective at improving environmental quality while sustaining development gains. The report makes recommendations on how market-based instruments can be used for more efficient and effective environmental management.
- Executive Summary
- Market-Based Approaches to Air Pollution in Asia
- Market-Based Approaches to Water Management in Asia
- Market-Based Approaches to Waste Management in Asia
- Comparative Analyses of Market-Based Approaches for Environmental Management in Asia
- Appendix: Systematic Review of Market-Based Instruments for Environmental Management in Asia