The Asian Development Outlook (ADO) 2021 Update theme chapter is on "Transforming Agriculture in Asia". The background papers for the theme chapter are made available here to communicate the results of the underlying research work with the least possible delay. These manuscripts therefore have not been prepared in accordance with the procedures appropriate to formally-edited texts.
The findings, interpretations, and conclusions expressed in these papers do not necessarily reflect the views of the Asian Development Bank (ADB), its Board of Governors, or the governments they represent. The ADB does not guarantee the accuracy of the data included in these documents and accepts no responsibility for any consequence of their use. The mention of specific companies or products of manufacturers does not imply that they are endorsed or recommended by ADB in preference to others of a similar nature that are not mentioned.
Any designation of or reference to a particular territory or geographic area, or use of the term “country” in these documents, is not intended to make any judgments as to the legal or other status of any territory or area. Boundaries, colors, denominations, and other information shown on any map in these documents do not imply any judgment on the part of the ADB concerning the legal status of any territory or the endorsement or acceptance of such boundaries.
- Changing Farm Size and Agricultural Productivity in Asia
by Futoshi Yamauchi
- Gender Inequality and Food Insecurity in the Asian Food System During the COVID-19 Pandemic
by Sonia Akter
- Climate Change and Agricultural Insurance in the Asia and the Pacific Region
by Architesh Panda
- Contemporary Irrigation Issues in Asia
by Kei Kajisa
- Rising Importance of Aquaculture in Asia: Current Status, Issues, and Recommendations
by Aya Suzuki
- Contract Farming in Asia
by Marc Bellemare
- Spatio-temporal Distribution of Croplands Using Earth Observation Data for Decision Making
by Murali Krishna Gumma