05 October 2022 Hybrid
Innovation is the key to solving global development challenges such as climate change and supporting green recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. In line with its Strategy 2030, ADB launched the Innovation Hub in 2021 to foster a culture to drive innovation within ADB and design innovative solutions with developing member countries (DMCs).
The 2nd ADB Innovation Fair will showcase how ADB develops innovative solutions and creates value and impact with its DMCs. The fair will feature the stories behind various innovations within ADB and by its partners. Innovation practitioners and experts will share their insights, stories, and best practices. The fair will give stakeholders the opportunity to network for collaboration and cross-learning and invite ADB staff to engage with the hub’s service lines. The event will have in-person and virtual sessions. Everyone may join the plenary session, innovation speaker series talks, and the TED-style Knowledge and Innovation Talks. ADB staff, consultants, and contractors may join the closed sessions.
The 2nd Innovation Fair will provide staff with a platform to share and learn from experiences in innovation. With the theme, Reflect, Reconnect, and Reset, the fair has the following objectives:
- Represent ADB’s Innovation Hub as a center of excellence.
- Share examples of how to strengthen ADB's innovation culture and processes.
- Provide a networking opportunity for innovation stakeholders.
The 2nd Innovation Fair will bring together ADB staff, innovation practitioners and experts, social entrepreneurs, innovation hubs across the world, research institutes and organizations working on innovation, civil society organizations, academia, and the private sector. The fair will invite other multilateral development banks to improve coordination on innovation activities and share examples from their innovation hubs.
- Marzena Rembowski, Director and Head, Strategic Engagement Policy, Netflix
- Margarita Gómez, Executive Director, People in Government Lab at the Blavatnik School of Government, Oxford University
- Michele Lemmens, Head of Business Sustainability & CTO APAC, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
- Charles Hayes, Partner & Executive Managing Director, Asia, IDEO
- Shixin Chen, Vice-President (Operations 1) for South Asia and Central and West Asia, ADB
- Ashok Lavasa, Vice-President for Private Sector Operations and Public-Private Partnerships, ADB
- Roberta Casali, Vice-President for Finance and Risk Management, ADB
- Stephanie KC Hung, Director-General, Information Technology Department, ADB
- Bernard Woods, Principal Director, Department of Communications, ADB
- Bruno Carrasco, Director General, Sustainable Development and Climate Change Department, ADB
- Jeffrey Taylor, Deputy Director General, Procurement, Portfolio, and Financial Management Department concurrently Director, Procurement Division 1, ADB
- Christine Engstrom, Director, Private Sector Financial Institutions Division, Portfolio, and Financial Management Department, ADB
- Susann Roth, Advisor and Chief of Knowledge Management, Sustainable Development and Climate Change Department, ADB
- Vivek Raman, Principal Knowledge Management Specialist, Sustainable Development and Climate Change Department, ADB
- Mary Jane Carangal-San Jose, Knowledge Management Specialist, Sustainable Development and Climate Change Department, ADB
- Josephine Aquino, Associate Knowledge Management Officer, Sustainable Development and Climate Change Department, ADB
- Jazira Asanova, Principal Operations Specialist, South Asia Department, ADB
- Woochong Um, Managing Director General, ADB
- Bruce Gosper, Vice-President for Administration and Corporate Management, ADB
- Safdar Parvez, Advisor, East Asia Department, ADB
- Maribeth Sanvictores, Knowledge Management Officer, Sustainable Development and Climate Change Department, ADB
How to register
Register now to join the event.
Virtual sessions (available to the public)
In-person sessions (by invitation)
Event organizers / partners
Principal Knowledge Management Specialist
Knowledge Advisory Services Center
Sustainable Development and Climate Change Department
Asian Development Bank