ADB’s long-term strategic framework promotes three complementary agendas on inclusive economic growth, environmentally sustainable growth, and regional integration.
- Strategy 2020: The Long-Term Strategic Framework of the Asian Development Bank 2008-2020
- Strategy 2020 midterm review
- Corporate results framework
- Key accomplishments under Strategy 2020
Core Operational Areas
80% of ADB lending is in five core operational areas, identified as comparative strengths of ADB.
- Education by 2020: A Sector Operations Plan
- Regional Cooperation and Integration Strategy
- Financial Sector Operational Plan
Other Operational Areas
- Operational Plan for Health, 2015–2020
- Operational Plan for Sustainable Food Security in Asia and the Pacific
- Private Sector Development: A Revised Strategic Framework
- Revised Capacity Development Action Plan
- Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment Operational Plan, 2013-2020
- Knowledge Management Directions and Action Plan (2013-2015)
- Cooperation Arrangements for Development Partnerships
Regional/Country Partnership Strategies
The country partnership strategy is ADB's primary platform for designing operations to deliver development results at the country level.
The regional cooperation strategy outlines how an ADB-defined region or subregion can work together to foster economic growth and cooperation.
Transparency and Accountability
- Public Communications Policy 2011
- Accountability Mechanism Policy 2012
- Cooperation between Asian Development Bank and Nongovernment Organizations
- Anticorruption Policy: Harmonized Definitions of Corrupt and Fraudulent Practices
- Anticorruption Policy: Proposed Clarifications and Related Changes to Consulting and Procurement Guidelines
- Safeguard Policy Statement
- Evaluation Policy
The operations manual of ADB collects operational policies known as "Bank policies." The manual also includes operational procedures that spell out procedural requirements and guidance on the implementation of policies.