ADB assistance supports India’s evolving priorities. The country partnership strategy, 2013-2017 for India aims to support the government’s Twelfth Five-Year Plan priorities of “faster, more inclusive, and sustainable growth.” In line with the government’s guiding principle that multilateral development partners add value beyond tangible investments, ADB builds in innovations and best practices in project design and implementation.
The country operations business plan, 2017-2019 reflects a continued finetuning of the ADB program in support of the government’s priority areas and flagship initiatives.
India is a member of the South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) program.
Projects in India
- Maharashtra Feeder Separation and High Voltage Distribution System Project
- Rajasthan Renewable Energy Transmission Investment Program - Tranche 2
- Strengthening Climate Change Resilience in Urban India - Supporting Climate Change-Resilient Smart Cities Mission Projects (Subproject 2)
- ReNew Clean Energy Project
- Madhya Pradesh Transmission System Expansion and Strengthening Project
- Accelerating Infrastructure Investment Facility in India - Tranche 2
- Support to Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries
- Supporting Sustainable Urban Transport in Aizawl City
- Karnataka State Highways Improvement III Project
- Advanced Project Preparedness for Poverty Reduction - Project Preparation and Implementation Support for Odisha Power Sector Emergency Assistance (Subproject 31)