1. Legal Aid Commission (LAC) centers functioning in Akkaraipattu, Matara, Balapitiya, Kalmunai, Colombo, Galle, Hambantoa, Ampara, Jaffna, Trincomale, and Kalutara.
1657 families helped to get legal documents, 8005 court actions filed by the LAC officers, and 7268 client consultations were provided. Mobile Clinic held at Katugoda in Galle District issued 188 documents to the Tsunami affected people.
1. Nine Mediation Boards have been established under the Component. One Mediation Board is to be established in Jaffna by the end of 2009. 358 mediators have been given advanced training. Eight programmes conducted in Hambantota, Matara and Galle Districts.
3. 2193 government officials have been trained by 2009.18 Governance Based Intervention Programs have been held to date.
4. No budget provided to this component yet as a lot of work has been done by all development partners and it is not clear what has been achieved to date, PMU is working on coordinating and coming up with a global status on what has been achieved and what remained to be done. Meanwhile LAC centers arel supporting this activity.
5. No activity being carried out under ADB grant as 90% registration work already completed by other development partners. ADB will finance the recruitment of a Tamil translator.
6. PMU established a monthly national coordination and district level meeting of all development partners. MOJ. PMU has published booklets containing information about laws relevant to Tsunami affected persons that distributed.
7. Ministry of Health and Social Welfare has now taken over this compoennt.This component is now financed by IDLO.
8. PMU in operation since September2006. Most procurement of office equipment for LAC Centers and PMU completed.
1. 1595 community sub-projects were screened by the project office. Divisional coordinating committees have approved 1446 proposals. Work has been commenced for 1422 subprojects, and 1391 have been completed.
2. In Northern & Eastern Province, out of 331 GN divisions, 354 WRDS have been formed and strengthened to support livelihood development activities. Under Livelihood Grant, 358 WRDS formed/Strengthened for livelihood micro credit activities. Rs. 297.21 million grant released to WRDS for the revolving fund program.
3. 18 subprojects worth of Rs. 5.08 million has been approved for community level environmental intervention programs.
4. Established 3 Projects Offices in the Northern Province and expanded the existing 3 PO's in the Eastern province. 170 Training Programmes were carried out in both Provinces for 4988 participants.
3 sub projects have been completed in the Northern and Eastern Provinces
(1) Review Mission conducted from 20 Nov to 8 Dec 2005, as part of review Mission for Loan No 2027.
(2) Attended the PPCC meeting on 23.04. 2006 - reviewed progress
(3) Review Mission conducted from 5 March to 8 March 2007
(4) Mission to Conflict Affected Areas on 28 June to 2 July reviewed the progress & attended the PPCC meeting on 02.07.2007 & 12.07.2007 to review progress
(5) Attended the PPCC meeting on 11.10.1007 & 12.10.2007 to review the progress
(6) Review Mission conducted from 18 October 2007 to 24 November 2007
(7) Attended he PPCC meeting on 21.02.2008 & 22.02.2008 to review the progress
(8) Midterm Review Mission conducted from 21 April 2008 to 08 May 2008
(9) Review Mission conducted from 4 to 9 January 2010
Two packages worth $0.6 million awarded for design. Consultants mobilized in September 2005. Work completed in June 2006
International Consultant for construction supervision:
Agreements signed for consultants for construction supervision for South and South East on 27 February 2007. Work will be completed in March 2010.
Performance Audit: Consultants have been appointed for construction supervision and performance audit.The inception report was delivered on 15 October 2007 and the first audit report was delivered on 23 April 2008. The third and fourth performance audit reports for the six month periods ending 30 June and 31 December 2008 respectively were submitted to SLRM on 18 December 2009.
ICB package C4: Contract awarded for ICB package C4 (Matara-Hambantota-Wellawaya) to a Joint venture with domestic preference in January 2007. This package was successfully completed and handed over ahead of program in October 2009.
ICB package C3: Contract awarded for ICB package C3 Siyambalanduwa-Pottuvil-Akkaraipattu in March 2008. The contract is expected to be completed by end September 2010.The overall physical progress as of February 2010 is 81.76%.
7 NCB packages (NRC3, NRC5, NRC1,NRC2, NRC6, NRC7 and NRC8) have been awarded and physical progress as of February 2010 is 94.00%, 68.43%, 87%, 85%, 97.25%, 32.91% and 48.4% respectively.
Minor change in scope carried out with EU for the additional funds in June 2007.
Rs 3.69 million has been reallocated from Rural Finance component (G) and other components to component C in December 2007.
Minor reallocation ($700,015) was carried out from component C to component G in June 2008
4 contract packages have been selected from the Southern Province and 3 has been already awarded. The overall progress is 95% as of February 2010. 1 Contract package was terminated. In Western Province, 1 contract package has been awarded and completed.
In Hambantota District, 15 subprojects have been identified and 13 have been completed. Physical progress is 96.35%.
In Batticaloa District, 11 subprojects have been identified and 6 subprojects complete. Physica progress is 91.27%.
In Trincomalee District, 6 subprojects have been identified, 3 completed and 3 under implementation.Physical progress is 69% as of February 2010.
(1) Review Mission on 4.4.2006: Site visit to Mirijjiwala/Hambantota transmission line. Laying in progress and should be able to complet by the time the towers are ready
(2) Review Mission 12-15 March 2007
(3) Attended the PPCC meeting on 12.07.2007 to review progress
(4) Midterm Review Mission conducted from 21 April 2008 to 08 May 2008
(5) Review Mission conducted from 21-24 November and 11-19 December 2008
272 subprojects (1261 works) worth of Rs 3,485 million from all sectors were approved by Provincial Project Coordinating Committee (PPCC). All 3 districts covered.
Tenders for 486 works were called and 434 tenders were awarded and 427 works have been completed and handed over.
Progressive payments have been made to 1070 fully damaged houses and 1969 partly damaged houses under the owner driven housing program in the Western and Southern Provinces.
(1) Review Mission from 24-26 April 2006
(2) Review Mission from 22-24 November 2006
(3) Review Mission from 12-15 March 2007
(4) Revies Misson from 22-25 March 2007
(5) Review Mission from 22-26 October 2007
(6) Midterm Review Mission conducted from 21 April 2008 to 08 May 2008
(7) Review Mission from 18-20 January 2010
All activities are closed as of 30 March and the accounts are closed as of 01 April 2011.