The progress towards outputs is:
- At least 90% of all eligible schools received all approved textbooks (grade I to V) by 31 January 2015
- Dip in Ed offered in 29 PTIs with number of instructors according to the plan in 2014
- In 2014 83.8% of assistant and head teachers had professional qualifications
- 90% of all eligible schools received all revised Grade I, II and III textbooks as per the new curriculum by 31 January 2015
- 35% of all needs-based infrastructure completed
- In 2014 70% of Grade 1 new intakes completed PPE
- In 2014 64.9% of schools has a separate functioning toilets for girls
- In 2013 all teachers and head teachers positions (vacancies and new positions) were filled according to agreed recruitment procedures and on a needs basis with consideration for gender balance
- In 2014 70% of schools (GPS, and NNGPS) have prepared SLIPs and have received funds on the basis of guidelines updated in 2015
- 35% competency-based items were introduced in the 2014 Grade 5 PECE
- In 2014 the APSC covered 14 types of schools
- The primary education budget of FY2015-2016 was equal to or more than the original primary education budget for FY2014 and the share of the PEDP3 development budget as part of the overall primary education development budget increased incrementally
- The actual primary education expenditure for FY 14-15 is within 15% deviation of originally approved budget
Progress on achievement of DLIs and disbursement
During a Joint Consultation Meeting, held on 13 September 2012 between the Ministry of Primary and Mass Education (MoPME), the Directorate of Primary Education (DPE) and the Consortium of Development Partners (ADB, CIDA, DFID, EU, IDA, JICA, SIDA, and UNICF), actions were agreed to ensure that the not yet met DLIs will be met by the end of november 2012.
The first disbursement based on achieving Disbursement Linked Indicators of about $38.0 million was disbursed in December 2011.
The second disbursement based on achieving the disbursement linked indicators ($22.22 million) and based on expenditure statements ($40.0 million) was disbursed in December 2012.
A Joint Consultation Meeting was conducted on 4th march 2013. Progress against unmet DLIs for year 1 was assessed, and as of 4th of March 7 out of 9 year DLIs were declared met. For the 2 unmet DLIs a time bound action plan was agreed.
During the Joint Annual Review Meeting conducted in May 2013 overall progress of the program was assessed as satisfactory. ADB disbursed 13.33 million USD for meeting 3 DLIs in June 2013.
A Joint Consultation Meeting was conducted on 26 September 2013 to assess progress of DLIs. 1 year_1 DLI and 5 year_2 DLIs were declared met. For the unmet DLIs a time bound action plan was agreed. ADB disbursed USD66.667 million in December 2013
A joint Consultant mission was conducted in April 2014 to assess achievement of 3 DLIs. DLIs were decleared met and ADB disbursed $13.33 million.
During the Joint Annual Review Mission / Mid Term Review mission of June / July 2014 overall progress was assessed as satisfactory. The MTR concluded in September 2014. The overall assessment was the program was on track and no major changes were needed. However additional financing was required due to increased number of teachers to be recruited, the increase in the cost of construction, extension for one year and to deepen several reforms.
A Joint Consultation Meeting was conducted on 12 November 2014 to assess progress of DLIs. 1 year_2 DLI and 4 year_3 DLIs were declared met. For the unmet DLIs a time bound action plan was agreed. ADB disbursed USD62.22 million in December 2014
A joint Consultant mission was conducted in March 2015 to assess achievement of 2 DLIs. Both DLIs were decleared met.
During the Joint Annual Review Meeting conducted in May/June 2015 overall progress of the program was assessed as satisfactory. ADB disbursed 8.59 million USD for meeting 2 DLIs in May 2015.
Additional Financing of USD120 million became effective on 1 July 2015. ADB extended the program in line with the government extension.
A Joint Consultation Meeting was conducted on 1 November 2015 to assess progress of DLIs. 1 year_2 DLI, 2 year_3 DLIs, and 3 year_4 DLIs were declared met. For the unmet DLIs a time bound action plan was agreed. ADB disbursed 43.4 USD million in December 2015