1. Inception report
- Draft inception report (17 July 2010) - Draft submitted, comments made
- Finalise Inception Report (24 August 2010)
2. Preliminary economic review
- Inception stakeholder workshop (05 August 2010) - Successfully held
(i) Component 1 State level
- Meetings with concerned agencies (15 June-14 July 2010) All agencies met
- IWRM Roadmap (8 July-23 August 2010) Prepared, discussed at mid-term workshop.
- Institutional Systems (6 August-9 October 2010) proposals made, discussed.
- Capacity Building (CB) & Report (09 August-27 November 2010) proposals made, report prepared.
(ii) Component 2 Sub-basin level
- Finalize and agree pilot sub-basin (01 August-04 September 2010) - Selected & agreed
- GIS System (16 August-04 September 2010) - System developed, manual prepared
- Sub-basin objectives (26 August-19 September 2010) - Vision & key areas developed, agreed at workshop
- Assess data and river system models (26 August-19 September 2010) - Trial river system model developed
- Water balance assessments (20 September 23 October 2010) - River system model used, relevant studies reviewed
- RBO arrangements (05 September- 04 October 2010) Proposed
- Sub-basin framework plan (15 September- 04 October 2010) - Draft prepared
- Sub-basin investment initiatives (25 September-9 October 2010) - Key activity areas discussed.
- Sub-basin capacity building action plan (10 October 19 October 2010) Proposals made.
(iii) Component 3 WSS
- Assess current situation (16 August-14 September 2010) - Situation assessed
- Identify and short list urban pilot areas (15 September-04 October 2010) - Pilot areas selected.
- Prepare pilot area investments (29 September-08 October 2010) - Investments in pilot areas and in the sub-basin proposed.
- Draft system management strategies (09-13 October 2010) - Urban WSS development & management strategies proposed
- Explore PPP opportunities (14-23 October 2010) - PPP opportunities proposed
- Finalise and recommend investments (24 October-06 November 2010) - Investments (institutional & infrastructure) proposed
- WSS enhancement strategy report and WSS CB action plan (20 September- 9 October 2010) - Single report covering analysis, strategy, investments and capacity building presented
(iv) Component 4 Irrigation Performance
- Assess current situation (01-20 July 2010) - Management & infrastructure systems assessed
- Finalise and agree institutional systems pilot areas (21-30 July 2010)- Pilot areas selected
- Identify scheme improvements (25 July-31 August 2010) proposed
- Identify scheme enhancements (01 October-25 November 2010) proposed
- Institutional systems/agriculture improvement report (11-20 October 2010) Report prepared
- Participatory irrigation management (PIM)/agriculture capacity building action plan (21-26 October 2010) - Capacity Building Report prepared
4. Key Milestones
- Workshop and Tripartite meetings (29 July-08 November 2010)- Inception, Mid-term review, tripartite meetings and Final Workshop held Reporting outputs
- Inception report (07 August 2010) - Finalized
- IWRM capacity building action plan (13 September 2010) - Proposed
- Mid term report (31 August 2010) - Submitted
- GIS system manual (31 August 2010) - Prepared
- Sub-basin framework plan (30 September 2010) - Drafted
- Sub-basin investment initiatives (30 September 2010) - Key activity areas discussed
- WSS enhancement report and capacity building action plan (04-09 October 2010) Proposed enhancements and capacity building reported
- Sub-basin CB action plan (19 October 2010) - Proposals for capacity building reported
- Institutional systems/agriculture improvement report (20 October 2010) - Report prepared.
- PIM/agriculture capacity building action plan (26 October 2010) - Report prepared
- Component 1 report (31 October 2010) - Prepared.
- Draft final report (31 October 2010) - Report presented.
- Final report (30 November 2010) - Report completed.
The DFR was well received and at the Final Workshop hosted by GOK, which held on 14 December 2010 at Bangalore, all stakeholders at the government level were well represented. Response subsequent to the workshop to the CDTA has been positive.
Major Issues and Proposed Actions:
- Issue: Study tour. A study tour to Thailand is proposed and is under advanced planning. It is expected to be held in the last week of February 2011.
Action: Finalize and hold the study tour.
- Issue: On-going TA to maintain reform momentum until a loan project is underway.
Action: Discuss with GOK and agree on the focus areas for the TA. Provide resources to ensure consistency with the CDTA Final Report recommendations and with the proposed PPTA to develop the loan project.