The project achieved target indicators for all outputs.
Output 1 indicator 1: By year 2, a model winter livestock shelter is established in each project soum.
Achievement: Winter and spring livestock shelters of 67 herder groups, total 112, were established / rehabilitated in the soums with assistance of the project. Additional 225 livestock shelters were constructed and rehabilitated with herders own resources.
Output 1 indicator 2: By year 2, model fodder production is demonstrated in each project soum
Achievement: see Achievement for Outcome indicator 2.
Output 1 indicator 3: By year 3, about 70% of herder households in each project soum join herder groups.
Achievement: Seventy four herder groups of 1020 member households were established comprising 75.7% of total herder households of project soums.
Twelve herder cooperatives of 599 individual members were established comprising 20.3% of all herders of the soums.
Output 1 indicator 4: By year 3, about 70% of herder groups in each project soum establish pasture use agreements with their respective soum governors.
Achievement: Sixty seven herder groups of the soums, which comprise about 80% of the total households in the project soums, established pasture use agreements with respective Soum Governors.
Output 1 indicator 5: Pasture management plan prepared for each project soum.
- Herder groups prepared pasture use plans with the project support annually (for 2013 till 2015) and for three years (for 2016 till 2018).
- Pasture use plans of the herder groups were accepted by Bagh General Assemblies and endorsed by Soum Governors.
- Pasture use plans and draft maps of 13 baghs of 3 soums were prepared based on 67 herder group pasture use plans for 2016.
- Data of 2100 points of livestock shelters and water points were put into GIS database. Pasture monitoring survey was conducted in 110 points of pasture of the soums, EOTAP final users' workshop was conducted for 40 persons.
Output 2 indicator 1: By year 3, at least 30 water points constructed and/or rehabilitated in the project soums.
- Total 51 deep wells were established / rehabilitated and accepted by the Aimag Well Hand-Over Committee between 2013 and 2015. For all deep wells water use agreements were signed with respective Soum Governors. In addition, 44 shallow wells were established and 17 spring heads were protected in the soums. 7 shallow wells operated with renewable energy were established. One deep well in the permafrost areas was established and equipped with solar energy equipment.
Output 2 indicator 2: By year 3, all herder groups provided with new or rehabilitated water points enter into water use agreements with their respective soum governors.
Achievement: see Achievement of Output 2 indicator 2.
Output 3 indicator: By year 4, 50% of herder households in each project soum belong to herder groups directly and indirectly involved in supplementary income-generating activities.
- Seventy two percent of herder groups (53 out of 74) participated directly and eighty six percent (64 out of 74) participated indirectly in project-supported income-generating activities.
- Business proposals of 11 herder cooperatives and 35 herder groups were funded with MNT665,727,620 for dairy, bakery, vegetable and fodder growing, breeding livestock, tailoring, hairdresser's, shoe and tyre repair and livestock-originated raw material preparation.
- Business initiatives of herder groups and herder cooperatives were advised and developed into business proposals which was assessed for potential environmental impacts and screened by soum working groups and aimag committee.
Output 4 indicator: Policy briefs on sustainable livestock and pasture management are prepared and disseminated.
Achievement: Policy briefs on sustainable livestock and pasture management prepared. Project pasture expert contributed to draft a pasture law.