13th Customs Cooperation Committee Meeting, 22-23 September 2014, Issyk Kul, Kyrgyz Republic
- At the 13th CCC meeting, CCC members agreed to continue working to address the 5 customs priority areas including the implementation of the ADB supported RETAs.
Uzbekistan Risk Management Assessment Mission, 29 Sept to 3 October 2014, Tashkent, Uzbekistan
- Training on the basic concepts of customs risk management is provided for the 1st 3 days. An assessment of the existing risk management system is done thru interviews and actual observation of procedures for the last 2 days. A WCO report was submitted to ADB.
Turkmenistan Consultation Workshop, 1-2 September 2014, Ashgabat, Turkmenistan
- Turkmenistan joined CAREC only in 2010 and has not been actively involved in most CAREC activities. A special consultation workshop was held for top officials to familiarize them with CAREC principles and objectives and in particular with the 3 JFPR RETAs and how TKM can benefit from such participation.
Kazakhstan Risk Management Assessment Mission, 14-17 October 2014, Astana, Kazakhstan
- Training on the basic concepts of customs risk management is provided for the 1st 3 days. An assessment of the existing risk management system is done thru interviews and actual observation of procedures for the last 2 days. A WCO report was submitted after the mission to ADB.
Azerbaijan Authorized Economic Operators Workshop, 21-23 October 2014, Baku, Azerbaijan
- WCO accredited AEO experts conducted a workshop on the implementation of the AEO program. The workshop identified further steps to be taken to fully implement the AEO program in AZE including the needed changes in legislation.
Revised Kyoto Convention (RKC): Sharing of Accession Experiences for CAREC Countries, 17-22 November 2014, Shanghai, PRC
- The workshop helped participants better understand the requirements to comply with and accede to the RKC, and trained them how to use WCO self-assessments tools to guide them during the accession process. WCO mission report was submitted to ADB.
Uzbekistan RKC Situation/Gap Analysis Workshop, 24-27 February 2015, Tashkent, Uzbekistan
- WCO Experts assisted Uzbekistan Customs review and assess compliance of Uzbekistan laws and regulations with RKC provisions, identify the gaps and formulate plan of action towards accession.
Tajikistan Risk Management Assessment Mission, 14-17 April 2015, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
- ADB with technical assistance of WCO, will provide assistance to Tajikistan in assessing the adequacy of customs risk management system that is in place.
-WCO accredited AEO experts conducted a workshop on the implementation of the AEO program in Mongolia from 25-27 May 2015. The workshop identified further steps to be taken to fully implement the AEO program.
-Workshop in KAZ to share international experiences on AEO, to revise and improve their AEO program was implemented from 1-9 July 2015.
An international consultant has been engaged for the development of a framework for CAREC customs information exchange mechanism. An assessment of the readiness and maturity of existing country-level customs information systems concluded that a simple information exchange pilot can be conducted between Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan and Mongolia customs and a complex pilot can be conducted between Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, and Uzbekistan. Both pilots will explore the use of pre-arrival and/or cargo manifest and/or transport documents. The proposed pilots were discussed and endorsed by the CAREC Customs Cooperation Committee meeting held in September 2016.