The project will improve the road network connecting the rural population to agriculture value chain development zones in Bangladesh. Investments will be made to (i) upgrade about 1,700 kilometers (km) of rural roads to all-weather standards in 34 districts located in five divisions, (ii) improve the capacity of the rural infrastructure agency to address institutional constraints relating to rural road development, and (iii) finance enhancements to the country’s rural road master plan to enable the selection of priority rural roads for improvement using a geographic information system covering the entire country.
The report and recommendation of the President to the Board of Directors (RRP) document describes the terms and conditions of a project for consideration and approval by ADB's Board of Directors.
This document dated October 2018 is provided for the ADB project 47243-004 in Bangladesh.
- Loan Agreement: Regular Loan
- Loan Agreement: Concessional Loan
- Sector Assessment (Summary): Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Rural Development
- Project Administration Manual
- Contribution to the ADB Results Framework
- Development Coordination
- Climate Change Assessment
- Attached Technical Assistance Report
- Economic and Financial Analysis
- Country Economic Indicators
- Summary Poverty Reduction and Social Strategy
- Gender Action Plan
- Initial Environmental Examination
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management Plan
- Community Participation Framework
- Financial Management Assessment
- Social Safeguards Due Diligence Report