The project will enhance access to finance for rural cottage and small industries (CSIs), thereby increasing rural employment and promoting economic development. The project focuses on (i) expanding collateral-based rural CSI financing through Bhutan Development Bank (BDB); (ii) extending non-collateral-based group loans to rural CSIs; (iii) strengthening BDB’s institutional capacity; and (iv) providing financial literacy training and business development support to rural CSIs.
The report and recommendation of the President to the Board of Directors (RRP) document describes the terms and conditions of a project for consideration and approval by ADB's Board of Directors.
This document dated November 2020 is provided for the ADB project 53307-001 in Bhutan.
- Loan Agreement
- Project Agreement
- Sector Assessment (Summary): Finance (Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise Finance and Leasing, and Inclusive Finance)
- Project Administration Manual
- Financial Analysis
- Economic Analysis
- Summary Poverty Reduction and Social Strategy
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management Plan
- Contribution to Strategy 2030 Operational Priorities
- Attached Technical Assistance Report
- Gender Action Plan
- Financial Intermediary: Environmental and Social Management System Arrangement
- Bhutan Development Bank Financial Management Assessment
- Bhutan Development Bank Institutional Strengthening Plan
- Bhutan Development Bank Financial Due Diligence