The Government of the Cook Islands has requested ADB to support the Cook Islands’ share in the Manatua cable system (MCS), a regional submarine internet cable system that will link Samoa and French Polynesia (non-ADB member), with additional spurs and branching units to link Rarotonga and Aitutaki in the Cook Islands, and Niue (non-ADB member). ADB financing will cover (i) the design and construction of the spurs and branching units for Rarotonga and Aitutaki, and (ii) the Cook Islands’ share in the design and construction of the MCS. The Government of New Zealand, represented by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, will provide grant cofinancing to the government for the project.
The report and recommendation of the President to the Board of Directors (RRP) document describes the terms and conditions of a project for consideration and approval by ADB's Board of Directors. This document dated November 2017 is provided for the ADB project 50110-001 in the Cook Islands.
- Loan Agreement
- Project Agreement
- Sector Assessment (Summary): Information and Communications Technology
- Project Administration Manual
- Contribution to the ADB Results Framework
- Development Coordination
- Economic and Financial Analysis
- Country Economic Indicators
- Summary Poverty Reduction and Social Strategy
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management Plan
- Initial Environmental Examination
- Due Diligence Report on Involuntary Resettlement