The Pacific Renewable Energy Investment Facility will provide a grant to the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) for the Renewable Energy Development Project. The project will finance investment in renewable energy generation facilities in the FSM states of Kosrae and Yap—bolstering energy security and reducing reliance on fossil fuels for power generation in these states. Project investments will include (i) solar photovoltaic capacity and mini grid and solar home system investments for Kosrae Utilities Authority (KUA) in Kosrae and (ii) the installation and integration of photovoltaic capacity and a battery energy storage system (BESS) for Yap State Public Service Corporation (YSPSC) in Yap. The project will also support institutional strengthening and capacity building in KUA and YSPSC, as well as for Pohnpei Utilities Corporation (PUC) in the FSM state of Pohnpei.
Documents produced under projects are material produced in the course of the project, or as outputs.
This document dated November 2019 is provided for the ADB project 49450-023 in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Grant Agreement
- Sector Assessment (Summary): Energy
- Project Administration Manual
- Financial Analysis
- Economic Analysis
- Summary Poverty Reduction and Social Strategy
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management Plan
- Climate Change Assessment
- Initial Environmental Examination: Kosrae
- Initial Environmental Examination: Yap
- Resettlement Plan
- Social, Poverty, and Gender Assessment
- Financial Management Assessment
- Financial Sustainability Assessment: Kosrae Utilities Authority
- Financial Sustainability Assessment: Yap State Public Service Corporation
- Procurement Plan
- Procurement Risk Assessment