The report and recommendation of the President to the Board of Directors (RRP) document describes the terms and conditions of a project for consideration and approval by ADB's Board of Directors. This document dated March 2017 is provided for the ADB project 50064-001 in Georgia.
The project will (i) construct a new two-lane bypass road of 16.2 km skirting Batumi; and (ii) contract out routine and periodic maintenance work for about 200 km of international roads combined with connecting secondary roads based on performance-based maintenance (PBM) contract. Batumi is a major port city in the southwest part of Georgia, bordered by the Black Sea to the west and Turkey to the south. The existing main road connecting Sarpi at the border with Turkey to Poti, a major port at the Black Sea, is a key transit route along the coastline of the Black Sea for heavy goods and passenger traffic from Turkey to Tbilisi and then onto Azerbaijan and the Caspian Sea.
- Loan Agreement
- Sector Assessment (Summary): Transport
- Project Administration Manual
- Contribution to the ADB Results Framework
- Development Coordination
- Economic and Financial Analysis
- Country Economic Indicators
- Summary Poverty Reduction and Social Strategy
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Resettlement Plan
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management Plan