Integrated Urban Flood Management for the Chennai-Kosasthalaiyar Basin Project: Report and Recommendation of the President
SHARE THIS PAGE
The project will strengthen climate and disaster resilience in the Chennai–Kosasthalaiyar River basin. It will reduce the exposure of 1.9 million people to seasonal flooding by (i) improving climate-resilient urban flood protection infrastructure; (ii) enhancing urban flood preparedness of the Greater Chennai Corporation (GCC), the civic body that governs the city of Chennai, and project communities; and (iii) establishing measures for sustaining the operation and maintenance (O&M) of the stormwater drainage system in the GCC.
The report and recommendation of the President to the Board of Directors (RRP) document describes the terms and conditions of a project for consideration and approval by ADB's Board of Directors.
This document dated September 2021 is provided for the ADB project 49107-009 in India.
- Loan Agreement
- Project Agreement
- Sector Assessment (Summary): Water and Other Urban Infrastructure and Services (Urban Flood Protection)
- Project Administration Manual
- Financial Analysis
- Economic Analysis
- Summary Poverty Reduction and Social Strategy
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management Plan
- Contribution to Strategy 2030 Operational Priorities
- Climate Change Assessment
- Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Action Plan
- Initial Environmental Examination
- Resettlement Plan: Civil Works Package Numbers 01–11 (Phase 1)
- Resettlement Plan: Civil Works Package Numbers 12–15 and 33–46 (Phase 2)
- Resettlement Plan: Civil Works Package Numbers 16–32 (Phase 3)