Bengaluru Metro Rail Project: Report and Recommendation of the President
SHARE THIS PAGE
The project will support the Government of India in expanding the metro railway network in Bengaluru city by financing two new metro corridors totaling 56 kilometers (km) in length. The project will also support the preparation of urban development plans and implementation frameworks based on the principles of transit-oriented development (TOD) and multimodal integration. In addition, the project will improve the institutional capacity of relevant state government agencies and stakeholders at all levels for the delivery of sustainable and comprehensive urban mobility solutions and planning, designing, and managing TOD-based urban development schemes and programs. The project will improve mobility, livability, and the urban environment in Bengaluru by supporting provision of an efficient, safe, and inclusive transport system for all commuters that caters to the needs of elderly, women, children, and differently abled persons. The project is included in the country operations business plan for India, 2020–2022 of ADB.
The report and recommendation of the President to the Board of Directors (RRP) document describes the terms and conditions of a project for consideration and approval by ADB's Board of Directors.
This document dated November 2020 is provided for the ADB project 53326-001 in India.
- Loan Agreement
- Project Agreement
- Sector Assessment (Summary): Transport (Rail and Urban)
- Project Administration Manual
- Financial Analysis
- Economic Analysis
- Summary Poverty Reduction and Social Strategy
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management Plan
- Contribution to Strategy 2030 Operational Priorities
- Attached Technical Assistance Report
- Climate Change Assessment
- Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Action Plan
- Environmental Impact Assessment (Phase 2A)
- Environmental Impact Assessment (Phase 2B)
- Draft Due Diligence cum Resettlement Plan (Phase 2A)
- Draft Resettlement Plan (Phase 2B)
- Development Coordination