The project is part of the long-term Asian Development Bank (ADB) support to strengthen human capital development in the Lao People's Democratic Republic. The policy-based loan (PBL) will help the Ministry of Education and Sports (MOES) to undertake reforms to progressively align post-primary education (PPE)—including secondary education, technical and vocational education and training (TVET), and higher education—with evolving labor demand and skill needs. The project component will support MOES in delivering these reforms effectively, widening access to secondary education, and improving its quality. The project builds on the Secondary Education Sector Development Program (SESDP) and will tap synergies with ongoing ADB support for TVET and higher education.
The report and recommendation of the President to the Board of Directors (RRP) document describes the terms and conditions of a project for consideration and approval by ADB's Board of Directors.
This document dated September 2019 is provided for the ADB project 50399-003 in the Lao People's Democratic Republic.
- Loan Agreement: Policy-Based Loan
- Loan Agreement: Project Loan
- Sector Assessment (Summary): Education
- Project Administration Manual
- Economic and Financial Analysis
- International Monetary Fund Assessment Letter (IMF Press Release)
- Summary Poverty Reduction and Social Strategy
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management Plan
- Gender Action Plan
- Initial Environmental Examination
- Indigenous Peoples Plan: Ethnic Group Development Plan
- List of Ineligible Items
- Additional Information to Support Economic and Financial Analysis
- Outline Road Map for Asian Development Bank Engagement in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic’s Education Sector, 2016–2030
- Analysis of Human Capital and Labor Force Participation
- Education for Employment Sector Development Program: Target District and School Selection
- Summary of Linkages between the Education for Employment Sector Development Program and the European Union Budget Support