Greater Male Waste-to-Energy Project: Report and Recommendation of the President
Reports and Recommendations of the President | July 2020
The project will establish a sustainable regional solid waste management (SWM) system for the Greater Malé region and its neighboring outer islands by (i) developing treatment (proven waste-to-energy [WTE] technology), recycling, and disposal infrastructure; (ii) strengthening institutional capacities for sustainable solid waste services delivery and environmental monitoring; and (iii) improving public awareness on WTE and reduce-reuse-recycle (3R). The project will be designed to reduce disaster risk and improve climate change resilience while creating a cleaner environment and decreasing greenhouse gas emissions.
The report and recommendation of the President to the Board of Directors (RRP) document describes the terms and conditions of a project for consideration and approval by ADB's Board of Directors.
This document dated July 2020 is provided for the ADB project 51077-003 in the Maldives.
- Loan Agreement: Ordinary Operations (Concessional)
- Grant Agreement: Externally Financed
- Grant Agreement: Special Operations
- Sector Assessment (Summary): Water and Other Urban Infrastructure and Services
- Project Administration Manual
- Financial Analysis
- Economic Analysis
- Summary Poverty Reduction and Social Strategy
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management Plan
- Attached Technical Assistance Report
- Climate Change Assessment
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Land Acquisition and Due Diligence Report: Regional Waste Management Facility at Thilafushi Island
- Financial Management Assessment