The proposed program will help the government mitigate the adverse socioeconomic and health impacts resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. It will support the government’s COVID-19 countercyclical expenditure program and provide critically needed budget support to help the government undertake public expenditures that are essential to curtail the spread of COVID-19, supporting poor and vulnerable groups, and provide economic support for affected businesses.
The report and recommendation of the President to the Board of Directors (RRP) document describes the terms and conditions of a project for consideration and approval by ADB's Board of Directors.
This document dated June 2020 is provided for the ADB project 54189-001 in the Maldives.
- Loan Agreement
- Grant Agreement
- Development Coordination
- Country Economic Indicators
- International Monetary Fund Assessment Letter (Staff Report: Rapid Credit Facility, 22 April 2020)
- Summary Poverty Reduction and Social Strategy
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management Plan
- List of Ineligible Items
- Attached Technical Assistance Report
- Safeguards Assessment Matrix
- Ongoing and Planned Regional Cooperation Initiatives
- Government Schemes covered in the COVID-19 Health Response, Social Protection and Economic Assistance Package
- Debt Sustainability Assessment
- Maldives: Safe Tourism Guidelines (Draft)