First Utility-Scale Energy Storage Project: Report and Recommendation of the President
Reports and Recommendations of the President | March 2020
The proposed project aims to install the first large-scale advanced battery energy storage system (BESS) in Mongolia to (i) supply clean peaking power that is charged by renewable energy electricity, which is otherwise curtailed; and (ii) provide regulation reserve to integrate additional renewable energy capacity in the transmission grid. The project will lead to the decarbonization of the heavily coal-dependent energy system in the country.
The report and recommendation of the President to the Board of Directors (RRP) document describes the terms and conditions of a project for consideration and approval by ADB's Board of Directors.
This document dated March 2020 is provided for the ADB project 53249-001 in Mongolia.
- Loan Agreement
- Grant Agreement
- Project Agreement
- Sector Assessment (Summary): Energy
- Project Administration Manual
- Financial Analysis
- Economic Analysis
- Summary Poverty Reduction and Social Strategy
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management Plan
- Gender Action Plan
- Initial Environmental Examination
- Financial Management Assessment
- Social Safeguard Due Diligence Report
- Project Procurement Risk Assessment Report [Withheld from Public Disclosure in accordance with the Access to Information Policy (para. 17, 2)]