The project will (i) construct a new four-lane expressway between Bago (Bago region) and Kyaikto (Mon state) of about 64 kilometers along the Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS) East–West Economic Corridor (EWEC); (ii) build the government’s capacity to develop and manage expressways that meet international standards; and (iii) ensure road safety in the Bago–Kyaikto corridor. The project will benefit poor, rural residents in the Bago–Kyaikto corridor by providing climate-resilient, safe, and more efficient connectivity between Bago and Kyaikto, and to other destinations in the EWEC.
The report and recommendation of the President to the Board of Directors (RRP) document describes the terms and conditions of a project for consideration and approval by ADB's Board of Directors.
This document dated October 2020 is provided for the ADB project 50381-006 in Myanmar.
- Loan Agreement
- Sector Assessment (Summary): Transport
- Project Administration Manual
- Financial Analysis
- Economic Analysis
- Summary Poverty Reduction and Social Strategy
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management Plan
- Climate Change Assessment
- Gender Action Plan
- Environmental Impact Assessment (Category A)
- Resettlement Plan
- HIV/AIDS and Human Trafficking Awareness-Raising and Prevention Program
- Ethnic Group Development Plan
- Conflict-sensitive Approach in the Second Greater Mekong Subregion Highway Modernization Project