Accelerated Rural Electrification Project: Report and Recommendation of the President
SHARE THIS PAGE
The project will construct 44 substations and about 1,006 kilometers of 66 kV and 33 kV distribution lines in Ayeyarwady, Bago (East), and Magway regions; and Kayin State in Myanmar. The project will establish, for the first time in Myanmar, a computerized distribution automation system to improve the operational efficiency and management of the distribution systems. The project will enable the government to electrify an additional 400,300 households in 2,815 villages, contributing to the achievement of the country’s plan of universal electricity access by 2030. The project aims to support Myanmar’s inclusive growth by expanding electricity access in rural areas; and improve the project regions’ response to the impacts of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic through better access to information, education, and work opportunities.
The report and recommendation of the President to the Board of Directors (RRP) document describes the terms and conditions of a project for consideration and approval by ADB's Board of Directors.
This document dated November 2020 is provided for the ADB project 53223-001 in Myanmar.
- Loan Agreement
- Sector Assessment (Summary): Energy
- Project Administration Manual
- Financial Analysis
- Economic Analysis
- Summary Poverty Reduction and Social Strategy
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management Plan
- Attached Technical Assistance Report
- Climate Change Assessment
- Gender Action Plan
- Initial Environmental Examination
- Resettlement and Ethnic Group Development Plan
- Conflict-Sensitive Approach