South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation Highway Improvement Project: Report and Recommendation of the President
Reports and Recommendations of the President | September 2018
The project will support capacity, quality, and safety improvements of the East–West Highway (EWH), which is the main domestic and international trade corridor of Nepal, and which forms part of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation corridor 4 linking Kathmandu to Dhaka and Chittagong through India. It will promote economic growth and contribute to improving the competitiveness of Nepal’s exporting industries by enhancing the efficiency of the transport system, strengthening national and regional connectivity, and improving the safety of the road network.
The report and recommendation of the President to the Board of Directors (RRP) document describes the terms and conditions of a project for consideration and approval by ADB's Board of Directors.
This document dated September 2018 is provided for the ADB project 52097-001 in Nepal.
- Loan Agreement
- Sector Assessment (Summary): Transport (Road Transport [Nonurban])
- Project Administration Manual
- Contribution to the ADB Results Framework
- Development Coordination
- Economic and Financial Analysis
- Country Economic Indicators
- Summary Poverty Reduction and Social Strategy
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management Plan
- Attached Technical Assistance Report: Institutional Strengthening of Road Safety and Gender Equality
- Climate Change Assessment
- Gender Action Plan: Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Action Plan
- Initial Environmental Examination: Kanchanpur–Kamala Road
- Initial Environmental Examination: ADB Project Directorate Office Building Subproject
- Resettlement Plan: Kanchanpur–Kamala Road
- Resettlement Due Diligence Report
- Regional Cooperation and Integration