Energy Sector Reforms and Financial Sustainability Program (Subprogram 1): Report and Recommendation of the President
The program will help Pakistan reduce financial, technical, and governance deficits in the energy sector. It will (i) secure financial sustainability by controlling accumulation and addressing reduction of circular debt; (ii) strengthen governance by rationalizing a competitive market road map, the separation of policy and regulatory functions in hydrocarbons, the appointment of appellate tribunals, the implementation of multiyear tariffs and the unbundling of the gas subsector; and (iii) reinforce infrastructure improvements through integrated planning to facilitate public and private sector investment across the energy supply chain.
The report and recommendation of the President to the Board of Directors (RRP) document describes the terms and conditions of a project for consideration and approval by ADB's Board of Directors.
This document dated November 2019 is provided for the ADB project 53165-001 in Pakistan.
- Loan Agreement
- Sector Assessment (Summary): Energy
- Contribution to the ADB Results Framework
- Development Coordination
- Country Economic Indicators
- International Monetary Fund Assessment Letter
- Summary Poverty Reduction and Social Strategy
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management Plan
- List of Ineligible Items
- Economic Analysis
- Fiduciary Systems Assessment
- Sequencing of Budget Support (Asian Development Bank and International Monetary Fund) in 2019 and 2020