Second Health System Enhancement to Address and Limit COVID-19 under the Asia Pacific Vaccine Access Facility: Report and Recommendation of the President
Under the rapid response component (RRC) of the Asia Pacific Vaccine Access Facility (APVAX), HEAL 2 will provide the Government of the Philippines with timely financing for safe and effective vaccine procurement and logistics, based on an agreed list of eligible expenditures. It will supplement the initial support of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) to the government’s coronavirus disease (COVID-19) response under the Health System Enhancement to Address and Limit COVID-19 (HEAL) project. It will be jointly supported by the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB). HEAL 2 is aligned with three operational priorities of ADB's Strategy 2030: (i) addressing remaining poverty and reducing inequalities; (ii) accelerating progress in gender equality; and (iii) fostering regional cooperation and integration.
The report and recommendation of the President to the Board of Directors (RRP) document describes the terms and conditions of a project for consideration and approval by ADB's Board of Directors.
This document dated February 2021 is provided for the ADB project 54171-003 in the Philippines.
- Loan Agreement
- Vaccine Needs Assessment
- Project Administration Manual
- Contribution to Strategy 2030 Operational Priorities
- Development Partner Coordination Matrix
- Country Economic Indicators
- Debt Sustainability Analysis
- Country National Vaccination Prioritization and Allocation Plan
- Summary Poverty Reduction and Social Strategy
- Gender Action Plan
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management Plan
- Indicative Master List of Eligible Items, and Agreed List of Acceptable Expenditure Items (‘Positive List’), for ADB-financing under the Rapid Response Component
- Eligibility Criteria for Use of Funds under the Rapid Response Component
- Due Diligence on the Philippine COVID-19 Immunization Waste Management Plan
- Streamlined Strategic Procurement Planning
- Financial Management Assessment
- Sector Assessment (Summary): Vaccines
- ADB’s Assessments of the COVID-19 Vaccine Introduction Readiness