Health Services Sector Development Program (Subprogram 3): Report and Recommendation of the President
Reports and Recommendations of the President | November 2020
Subprogram 3 supports enhanced national frameworks and public financial management (PFM), improved subnational health system management, and strengthened health service delivery components. It will enable the Government of PNG to protect core funding for essential health and other basic services, and adequately resource the government’s immediate coronavirus disease (COVID-19) response during a period of sharp fiscal tightening. Policy reforms will improve the effective and efficient use of available public resources in the health sector and beyond. The program supports the Asian Development Bank (ADB) Strategy 2030 operational priorities of (i) addressing remaining poverty and reducing inequalities through support to universal health coverage; (ii) accelerating progress in gender equality through gender mainstreaming; and (iii) strengthening governance and institutional capacity through PFM, expenditure and fiscal policies, and adequate fiscal space for service delivery.
The report and recommendation of the President to the Board of Directors (RRP) document describes the terms and conditions of a project for consideration and approval by ADB's Board of Directors.
This document dated November 2020 is provided for the ADB project 51035-005 in Papua New Guinea.
- Loan Agreement: Ordinary Operations
- Loan Agreement: Ordinary Operations (Concessional)
- Sector Assessment (Summary): Health Sector
- Contribution to the ADB Results Framework
- Development Coordination
- Country Economic Indicators
- International Monetary Fund Assessment Letter
- Summary Poverty Reduction and Social Strategy
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management Plan
- List of Ineligible Items
- Approved Report and Recommendation of the President to the Board of Directors: Health Services Sector Development Program (Subprogram 1)
- Approved Report and Recommendation of the President to the Board of Directors: Health Services Sector Development Program (Subprogram 2)
- Sector Assessment (Summary): Public Sector Management
- Program Impact Assessment
- Summary of Changes to Policy Actions Since Published in Subprogram 2
- Summary of Papua New Guinea’s COVID-19 Emergency Response Plan
- Program Policy Matrix