The Government of Kiribati and the Government of Nauru have requested ADB to support a submarine internet cable project connecting the Micronesian subregion with the world. The project will finance (i) the submarine cable connection between Kiritimati island of Kiribati to a proposed transpacific cable system connecting Australia and Hawaii and (ii) Nauru’s share of the East Micronesia Cable (EMC) system.
The report and recommendation of the President to the Board of Directors (RRP) document describes the terms and conditions of a project for consideration and approval by ADB's Board of Directors.
This document dated March 2018 is provided for the ADB project 50348-001.
- Grant Agreement: Kiribati
- Project Agreement: Kiribati
- Grant Agreement: Nauru
- Project Agreement: Nauru
- Sector Assessment (Summary): Information and Communication Technology
- Project Administration Manual
- Contribution to the ADB Results Framework
- Development Coordination
- Economic and Financial Analysis
- Country Economic Indicators
- Summary Poverty Reduction and Social Strategy
- Initial Environmental Examination: Kiribati
- Initial Environmental Examination: Nauru
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management Plan