Enhancing Safety, Security, and Sustainability of Apia Port Project: Report and Recommendation of the President
Reports and Recommendations of the President | August 2019
The project will improve the efficiency, safety, and environmental sustainability of the seaport in Apia, Samoa. It will upgrade terminal infrastructure to enhance safety and capacity, strengthen existing breakwater to enhance resilience to climate change and severe storms, and construct a customs facility with a new container x-ray scanner to enable effective border management. The project will also support gender-sensitive green port initiatives (GPIs) to promote clean and sustainable port operations and management.
The report and recommendation of the President to the Board of Directors (RRP) document describes the terms and conditions of a project for consideration and approval by ADB's Board of Directors.
This document dated August 2019 is provided for the ADB project 47358-002 in Samoa.
- Grant Agreement
- Project Agreement
- Sector Assessment (Summary): Transport (Water Transport [Nonurban])
- Project Administration Manual
- Contribution to the ADB Results Framework
- Development Coordination
- Financial Analysis
- Economic Analysis
- Country Economic Indicators
- Summary Poverty Reduction and Social Strategy
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management Plan
- Climate Change Assessment
- Initial Environmental Examination
- Due Diligence Report
- State-Owned Enterprise Governance Assessment: Samoa Ports Authority