The report and recommendation of the President to the Board of Directors (RRP) document describes the terms and conditions of a project for consideration and approval by ADB's Board of Directors. This document dated July 2017 is provided for the ADB project 49339-001 in Samoa.
The proposed financing of up to $3 million to Jarcon Pty Limited and Sun Pacific Energy Limited (SPEL) will expand an existing 2.2-megawatt (MW) solar farm that has been in partial operation since April 2015. The project output will be the installation of up to 4 MW of solar power generation, owned and operated by the independent power producer, SPEL. This will be a milestone achievement in the Pacific region, where private sector developers are hesitant to take country and regulatory risks, and struggle to access long-term credit when they do take these risks.
- Sector Overview
- Client Information
- Details of Implementation Arrangements
- Contribution to the ADB Results Framework
- Financial Analysis [Withheld from Disclosure per Para. 97 (v) of PCP 2011]
- Economic Analysis [Withheld from Disclosure per Para. 97 (v) of PCP 2011]
- Country Economic Indicators
- Summary Poverty Reduction and Social Strategy
- Safeguards and Social Dimensions Summary
- Initial Environmental Examination