The project is the first project loan of the Asian Development Bank in Sri Lanka’s railway sector, and will finance high-impact subprojects to modernize the country’s railway network by improving the operational efficiency, maintenance capacity, safety management, skills development, and implementation capacity of Sri Lanka Railways.
The report and recommendation of the President to the Board of Directors (RRP) document describes the terms and conditions of a project for consideration and approval by ADB's Board of Directors.
This document dated July 2019 is provided for the ADB regional project 53115-001.
- Loan Agreement
- Sector Assessment (Summary): Transport (Rail Transport [Nonurban])
- Project Administration Manual
- Contribution to the ADB Results Framework
- Development Coordination
- Economic and Financial Analysis
- Country Economic Indicators
- Summary Poverty Reduction and Social Strategy
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management Plan
- Technical Assistance Report
- Climate Change Assessment
- Railway Efficiency Improvement Project: Initial Environmental Examination
- Social Due Diligence Report: Construction of Operations Headquarters and Train Control Center at Maradana
- Social Due Diligence Report: Construction of New Workshop and Stores for Chief Mechanical Engineer’s Subdepartment at Ratmalana
- Social Due Diligence Report: Reconstruction of Underpass for Roadway and Pedestrians at School Lane at Maligawatta
- Social Due Diligence Report: Construction of Passenger Facilities at Colombo Fort and Maradana Railway Stations
- Social Due Diligence Report: Construction of New Training Wing for Sri Lanka German Railway Technical Training Center at Ratmalana
- Social Due Diligence Report: Construction of Housing Schemes