Shipyard Rehabilitation and Infrastructure Project: Report and Recommendation of the President
Reports and Recommendations of the President | September 2017
The report and recommendation of the President to the Board of Directors (RRP) document describes the terms and conditions of a project for consideration and approval by ADB's Board of Directors. This document dated September 2017 is provided for the ADB project 50138-001 in Sri Lanka.
ADB will provide a loan of up to $4,000,000 to Walkers Colombo Shipyard (Private) Limited from ADB’s ordinary capital resources, for the Shipyard Rehabilitation and Infrastructure Project in Sri Lanka. The successful implementation of the project will help develop Sri Lanka into a competitive hub for maritime activities in South Asia.The outcome will be improved operations of the local marine industry. The outputs will be (i) small vessel repair capacity commissioned, (ii) local employment generated, and (iii) growth of the local economy supported.
- Sector Overview
- Client Information [Withheld from Disclosure per Para. 97 (v) of PCP 2011]
- Details of Implementation Arrangements [Withheld from Disclosure per Para. 97 (v) of PCP 2011]
- Contribution to the ADB Results Framework
- Financial Analysis [Withheld from Disclosure per Para. 97 (v) of PCP 2011]
- Economic Analysis [Withheld from Disclosure per Para. 97 (v) of PCP 2011]
- Country Economic Indicators
- Summary Poverty Reduction and Social Strategy
- Safeguards and Social Dimensions Summary