Food Security and Livelihood Recovery Emergency Assistance Project: Report and Recommendation of the President
SHARE THIS PAGE
The Government of Sri Lanka requested emergency assistance in May 2022 in response to a food insecurity crisis in the country to ensure access to food and protect livelihoods for the poor and vulnerable. From May 2022 to date, food security and livelihoods have continued to deteriorate, and the situation may worsen through 2022. Against this background of a national emergency, the project aims to improve food security and protect the livelihoods of the poor and vulnerable nationwide, especially women and children, by temporarily expanding direct financial support to compensate for food price increases, supporting livelihood development activities to counteract food shortages and income losses, and enhancing social protection systems to ensure that the project reaches its intended beneficiaries and to strengthen resilience to future emergencies.
The report and recommendation of the President to the Board of Directors (RRP) document describes the terms and conditions of a project for consideration and approval by ADB's Board of Directors.
This document dated August 2022 is provided for the ADB project 56175-001 in Sri Lanka.
- Loan Agreement
- Grant Agreement
- Summary of Impacts and Needs Assessment
- Project Administration Manual
- Emergency Assistance Coordination
- Economic and Financial Analysis
- Summary Poverty Reduction and Social Strategy
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management Plan
- Contribution to Strategy 2030 Operational Priorities
- Japan Fund for Prosperous and Resilient Asia and the Pacific
- Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Action Plan