The grant will contribute to financing the cost overrun of the original project for the construction of a sediment excluding basin (SEB). This is a key infrastructure component for achieving the project’s outcome and for optimizing project costs. The SEB will ensure that the water quality in the Chubek Irrigation System (CIS) is suitable for agricultural production. It will optimize operation and maintenance (O&M) costs of the CIS in the long-term by reducing sediment inflow. The cost overrun was identified during detailed technical surveys and structural design under the original project. Actual site conditions were inconsistent with the assumptions applied for the feasibility-level design of the SEB prepared during project preparation. The technical design of the SEB requires substantial revision to achieve its anticipated sediment-removing function. This will result in a cost overrun.
The report and recommendation of the President to the Board of Directors (RRP) document describes the terms and conditions of a project for consideration and approval by ADB's Board of Directors.
This document dated August 2020 is provided for the ADB project 47181-004 in Tajikistan.
- Grant Agreement
- Sector Assessment (Summary): Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Rural Development
- Project Administration Manual
- Summary of Project Performance
- Development Coordination
- Economic and Financial Analysis
- Country Economic Indicators
- Summary Poverty Reduction and Social Strategy
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management Plan
- Financial Management Assessment
- Procurement Capacity Assessment
- Climate Change Assessment
- Technical Report on Design Changes of the Sediment Excluding Basin