Coffee and Agroforestry Livelihood Improvement Project: Grant Assistance Report
Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction | May 2020
The project will underpin implementation of Timor-Leste’s new Coffee Sector Development Plan and pilot a new model for delivering training to 2,000 coffee farming households in the Aileu, Ainaro, Bobonaro, Ermera, Liquica, and Manufahi municipalities. These households will receive training on good agricultural practices for production of coffee and related crops and assistance with access to finance. The project will also strengthen industry management and support initiatives to improve coffee quality and linkages with key markets. The project will support Timor-Leste’s post COVID-19 economic recovery by helping to improve rural livelihoods. The project is aligned with the ADB Strategy 2030 operational priorities of addressing remaining poverty and reducing inequalities, and promoting rural development and food security.
Grant assistance reports provide background information on the project including the rationale for grant funding rather than lending.
This document dated May 2020 is provided for the ADB project 51396-001 in Timor-Leste.
- Grant Agreement
- Project Administration Manual
- Summary Poverty Reduction and Social Strategy
- Gender Action Plan
- Climate Vulnerability Risk Assessment
- Timor-Leste National Coffee Sector Development Plan, 2019-2030
- Japanese Visibility [Withheld from Public Disclosure in accordance with the Access to Information Policy (para. 17.5)]
- Specific Coordination Details with the Local Embassy of Japan and Japan International Cooperation Agency [Withheld from Public Disclosure in accordance with the Access to Information Policy (para. 17.5)]
- Administrative Budget Support Details [Withheld from Public Disclosure in accordance with the Access to Information Policy (para. 17.4)]
- Justification on the Purchase of Vehicles [Withheld from Public Disclosure in accordance with the Access to Information Policy (para. 17.4)]