The Renewable Energy Project will help Tonga rapidly move from its heavy dependence on imported fossil fuels for power generation (about 90%) to using clean and renewable energy resources that are low carbon and climate resilient.
The report and recommendation of the President to the Board of Directors (RRP) document describes the terms and conditions of a project for consideration and approval by ADB's Board of Directors.
This document dated March 2019 is provided for the ADB project 49450-012 in Tonga.
- Grant Agreement: Special Operations
- Grant Agreement: Externally Financed – Government of Australia
- Grant Agreement: Externally Financed – Green Climate Fund
- Project Agreement
- Sector Assessment (Summary): Energy
- Project Administration Manual
- Development Coordination
- Financial Analysis
- Economic Analysis
- Country Economic Indicators
- Summary Poverty Reduction and Social Strategy
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management Plan
- Gender Action Plan
- Initial Environmental Examination: Tongatapu
- Initial Environmental Examination: Outer Islands
- Resettlement Plan
- Climate Change Assessment
- Financial Appraisal and Projection for Tonga Power Limited