The additional financing will help the Government of Uzbekistan to scale up the existing project’s support to horticulture value chain development in all 12 regions nationwide and in the Republic of Karakalpakstan. It will increase the outreach of participating financial institutions (PFIs) and improve access to market-based bank finance for horticulture enterprises (farmers, agro-processing enterprises, owners and operators of cold storage facilities, and trading and logistics service suppliers). The additional financing will enhance the impact of the existing project and further increase farm productivity, improve processing and storage capacity, and reduce postharvest losses through upgrading and establishing intensive orchards; modern and efficient greenhouses; and processing, storage, and refrigeration facilities.
The report and recommendation of the President to the Board of Directors (RRP) document describes the terms and conditions of a project for consideration and approval by ADB's Board of Directors.
This document dated May 2018 is provided for the ADB project 47305-004 in Uzbekistan.
- Loan Agreement: Special Operations
- Project Agreement: Rural Restructuring Agency
- Project Agreement: Participating Financial Institutions
- Sector Assessment (Summary): Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Rural Development
- Project Administration Manual
- Summary of Project Performance
- Contribution to the ADB Results Framework
- Development Coordination
- Financial Analysis
- Economic Analysis
- Country Economic Indicators
- Summary Poverty Reduction and Social Strategy
- Gender Action Plan
- Financial Intermediary: Environmental and Social Management System Arrangement
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management Plan
- Detailed Sector Assessment: Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Rural Development
- Detailed Project Economic Analysis
- Detailed Social and Gender Assessment
- Lessons and Synergies