Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Corridor 2 Karakalpakstan Road (A380 Kungrad to Daut-Ata Section) Project: Report and Recommendation of the President
Reports and Recommendations of the President | August 2020
The project will upgrade and widen a section of the Guzar–Bukhara–Nukus–Beyneu highway (A380) of about 240 kilometers (km) in the Republic of Karakalpakstan. The project road is part of the CAREC Corridor 2 and one of the key trade routes in the region. The project will help the Committee for Roads under the Ministry of Transport, to ensure effective road maintenance, control vehicle overloading, and ensure sound traffic management through the installation of intelligent transport system and weigh-in-motion system on key sections of the national road network. The project will scale up the efforts of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and other development partners in developing this critical CAREC corridor and contribute to Uzbekistan’s economic growth through improved transport connectivity.
The report and recommendation of the President to the Board of Directors (RRP) document describes the terms and conditions of a project for consideration and approval by ADB's Board of Directors.
This document dated August 2020 is provided for the ADB project 48414-006 in Uzbekistan.
- Loan Agreement: Concessional Loan
- Loan Agreement: Regular Loan
- Project Agreement
- Sector Assessment (Summary): Transport (Road Transport [Nonurban])
- Project Administration Manual
- Economic and Financial Analysis
- Summary Poverty Reduction and Social Strategy
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management Plan
- Climate Change Assessment
- Gender Action Plan
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Land Acquisition and Resettlement Plan
- Financial Management Assessment