Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Corridor 2 (Bukhara-Miskin-Urgench-Khiva) Railway Electrification Project: Report and Recommendation of the President
Reports and Recommendations of the President | November 2021
The project will electrify 465 kilometers (km) of railway line linking the major urban centers of Bukhara, Miskin, Urgench, and Khiva in western Uzbekistan. This will enable the operation of high-speed trains with a velocity of up to 250 km per hour, vastly cutting travel time. The project will create an economic corridor linking the heritage-rich Khorezm region to the rest of Uzbekistan, support the recovery of the tourism industry from the effects of the coronavirus disease (COVID- 19), and empower women to take up roles in the railway and tourism industries.
The report and recommendation of the President to the Board of Directors (RRP) document describes the terms and conditions of a project for consideration and approval by ADB's Board of Directors.
This document dated November 2021 is provided for the ADB project 53271-001 in Uzbekistan.
- Loan Agreement
- Project Agreement
- Sector Assessment (Summary): Transport (Rail Transport [Nonurban])
- Project Administration Manual
- Financial Analysis
- Economic Analysis
- Summary Poverty Reduction and Social Strategy
- Risk Assessment and Risk Management Plan
- Contribution to Strategy 2030 Operational Priorities
- Technical Assistance Report
- Climate Change Assessment
- Gender Action Plan
- Initial Environmental Examination
- Resettlement Plan: Eight New Traction Substations
- Resettlement Plan: External Power Supply
- Social Due Diligence Report
- Financial Management Assessment [Withheld from Public Disclosure in accordance with the Access to Information Policy (para. 17, 4)]