20 Years after the Asian Financial Crisis: Lessons, Challenges, and the Way Forward─Conference Highlights
A conference held 20 years after the Asian Financial Crisis highlights lessons learned and policy discussions on enhancing resilience in financial systems in Asia and the Pacific.
Jointly organized by the Asian Development Bank Economic Research and Regional Cooperation Department and the Asian Development Bank Institute, the conference brought together academia, governments, financial authorities, and international financial organizations to discuss and identify policy options for regional cooperation that safeguard financial stability and promote financial resilience.
- Opening Session
- Session 1: Lessons Learned from Crises: Asia
- Session 2: Lessons Learned from Crises: Global Experiences
- Session 3: Financial Linkages and Transmission of Risks
- Day 2 Keynote Presentation: The Asian Financial Crisis—Looking Back, Looking Forward
- Policy Panel 2: Challenges for Small Economies
- Session 4: Capital Market Development and Integration
- Session 5: Financial Innovation and Inclusion
- Session 6: Challenges and the Way Forward: Policy Implications and Policy Options for Financial Stability and Resilience