Achieving Energy Security in Asia: Diversification, Integration and Policy Implications
The multi-faceted characteristics of energy security range from its inherent economic value to its strategic and geopolitical importance.
- US$128.00 (hardcover)
- US$102.00 (ebook)
This edited volume, copublished by ADBI and World Scientific, presents a critical review of the status of energy security in Asia and suggests how a country or a region collectively can achieve energy security in two broad aspects. First, it analyzes how regional cooperation and energy trade can enhance energy security in the region. Second, it reviews how energy security can be ensured in national and regional general contexts. From the reviews and analyses, this book asserts that diversification and integration are key to ensuring energy security. It presents policy implications for enhancing energy security, especially in resource-rich as well as resource-poor developing countries in Asia.
Co-published with World Scientific. For orders, please contact World Scientific.
- Introduction by Farhad Taghizadeh-Hesary, Naoyuki Yoshino, Youngho Chang, and Aladdin D. Rillo
- Part I: Energy Security, Energy Cooperation and Policy Implications
- 1. Addressing Climate Change and Energy Security Through Energy Cooperation: Challenges and Opportunities in South Asia by Falendra Kumar Sudan
- 2. Regulatory and Policy Challenges for ASEAN Energy Security and Integration by Pornchai Wisuttisak
- 3. Multiple Gas Market Hubs, the People's Republic of China's Energy Security and Regional Cooperation in Asia by Arthur Jiantao Yan, Yizhe Daniel Xie and Henrik Wachtmeister
- 4. Energy Cooperation and Interdependence in the Central Asian and Caspian Region for Improving Energy Security by Ayhan Gücüyener
- Part II: Energy Security, National and Regional Perspective
- 5. Nepal's Electricity Security: Using Political Economy Analysis to Illuminate the Reform Path by Jeremy Streatfeild
- 6. Indian's Electricity Sector: Diversification, Energy Security, and Sustainability by Gopal K Sarangi, Arabinda Mishra, Farhad Taghizadeh-Hesary, Youngho Chang and Juswanto Wawan
- 7. Attaining Energy Security in Viet Nam: Impediments and Policy Implications by Le Ngoc Dang and Anh Tu Chuc
- 8. Energy Cooperation and Security in Central Asia: The Possible Synergy between Hydrocarbon-Rich and Water-Rich Countries by Elena Shadrina
- 9. Assessing Energy Security in the Caspian Region: The Geopolitical Implications to European Energy Strategy by Ulviyye Aydin and Dina Azhgaliyeva
- 10. Toward Energy Security in ASEAN: Impact of Regional Integration, Renewables, and Energy Efficiency by Yang Liu, Zhong Sheng and Dina Azhgaliyeva
- Event: 2019 Pacific Energy Summit: Advancing Energy and Environmental Security in the Indo-Pacific Region
- Podcast: ADBI book launch of Achieving Energy Security in Asia: Diversification, Integration and Policy Implications
- Video: Achieving Energy Security in Asia: Diversification, Integration and Policy Implications
- Other ADBI Books