Information Sources to Support ADB Climate Risk Assessments and Management: Technical Note
This technical note provides information that supports climate risk assessment experts undertaking early stages of project development in Asia and the Pacific region.
- US$21.00 (paperback)
The Asia and Pacific region is vulnerable to extreme temperatures, flooding by heavy rainfall, sea level rise, coastal erosion, and damage by tropical cyclones. This technical note provides information that supports climate risk assessment experts undertaking early stages of project development in the region. The information is grouped into four major categories: inventories of national emissions, climate risks, vulnerability, and impacts; historic weather, climate, and environmental change; regional climate change projections; and climate change impacts and adaptation. The note also identifies opportunities for capacity development in key skills such as geospatial analysis, data testing and post-processing, regional climate downscaling, and impact assessment.
- Executive Summary
- Aims and Overall Approach
- ADB Resources to Support Climate Risk Assessments
- Data Requirements of the ADB Climate Risk Management Framework
- Historic Greenhouse Gas Emissions, Climate Vulnerability, Risks, and Impacts
- Historic Weather and Climate Information
- Multidecadal Climate Change Projections
- Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation Projects
- Concluding Remarks